Christmas Around the World🎄
Let’s play the game to learn about world geography along with Santa!🎅
Students will be able to:
- Acquire geographic knowledge.
- Gain a deeper understanding of different Christmas cultures in foreign countries. Respect and appreciate diverse cultures.
- Conduct group discussions. Improve communication skills and build teamwork.
ACTIVITIES AND INSTRUCTION
- Continents and Countries: Learn about the continents and countries of the world by dragging the arrow and matching the countries' names with the map.
- Google Santa Tracker-- Map Quiz: Drag the pieces to the corresponding place. The name of the country will show up if correct. Challenge yourself and see how many points you can get before time ends.
- Google Santa Tracker-- Holiday Traditions: Select the pins on the map to learn about Christmas traditions in different countries.
- Group Discussion: Discuss various ways to celebrate Christmas in groups. Teachers can use the participate mode in myViewBoard to divide the board and provide space for students to share their thoughts.
💡Originals Content Tips:
- Use the Infinite Canvas tool to hide the countries' names outside of the page.
- Use the set hyperlink feature to redirect to a selected page.
- Use the set hyperlink feature to input links to Google Santa Tracker’s online games.
- Use participate mode in myViewBoard to divide the board and provide space for students to share their thoughts.