Punctuating Direct Speech
Students have an opportunity to practice writing grammatically correct sentences using direct speech. When writing the speech, it is important to understand where to place the different punctuation including inverted commas, question marks, exclamation marks, commas, and full stops.
- Understand that the inverted is used before and after direct speech.
- Include the correct punctuation mark before using inverted commas to close the speech.
- Remember full stops at the end of sentences.
ACTIVITIES AND INSTRUCTION:
- Read the comic strip speech.
- Drag and drop the correct punctuation in the boxes to complete the sentences correctly.
💡 Originals Content Tip: Teachers may use the “set hyperlink“ feature to change the speech (audio) and answer (file) base on class contents.