myViewBoard Manager is a web-based device management tool for IT admins. Read more at myviewboard.com/it-admin.
myViewBoard Manager has been updated to include optional extra features with Manager Advanced licenses that are applied to individual devices. Manager Advanced is not a separate app to Manager, rather it is an optional per-device subscription. Additional features include broadcasting image or videos to devices, scheduling jobs, device usage reports, user action logs, and file transfer to devices. Manager Advanced is a paid add-on that can be applied from the free Manager web app. Advanced licenses can be purchased for any number of devices and easily assigned or reassigned at any time.
Other updates include:
- allow or forbid installation of unknown apps for devices,
- easier process for device enrollment,
- improvements for 11 more languages,
- various other improvements such as to the action log and UI.
For a quick overview of Manager for the uninitiated, watch this video:
myViewBoard Classroom is a web-based distance and hybrid learning solution including collaborative canvases and huddle discussions. Read more at myviewboard.com/classroom.
Available features in Classroom have been updated according to the type of myViewBoard account. Premium users will be able to access most features such as collaborative canvases, classroom management with the dashboard, and huddle discussions. Entity users will be able to access additional features including student single sign-on using Google or Microsoft accounts, integration with Google Classroom, integration with myViewBoard Clips, and Sketchfab.
Also new in Classroom is that teachers can now blur the background of the video feed – enable this by clicking the settings gear icon in the top right and then Audio & Video. Another new feature on the teacher’s side is canvas zoom, located in the main toolbar.
Other new features include:
- ‘erase all drawn lines’ eraser option,
- 3D shapes added like cube, tetrahedron and pyramid are available to draw, and
- enable pop-up notifications for the teacher to see when students leave or join the session.
Classroom improvements and bug fixes:
- improved YouTube and Image search,
- better video streaming performance for teacher video,
- students will now rejoin the same huddle they were in before network disconnection,
- Clips quizzes have a more streamlined user interface, and
- bug fixes for huddle audio sharing, and lines when using an iPad.
Whiteboard for Windows
myViewBoard Whiteboard is available for Windows, Android, and as a web app. The version for Windows OS is the most feature rich.
Clips quizzes are now available! Play educational videos that automatically pause and display your custom quiz questions in Whiteboard. Simply open the embedded browser, go to Clips quizzes, and drag and drop a quiz onto the canvas.
Other updates include:
- updated video tutorials (access by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner, and then the question mark icon),
- improved behavior of annotations when using the desktop mode over Windows OS,
- better support for Thai language,
- users can now use the Throw feature to send any file up to 30 MB to the Whiteboard,
- bug fixed for screenshots on device with multiple screens connected, and
- bug fixed for importing .enb files pen issue.
Whiteboard for Android
Whiteboard for Android gains more language support, minor improvements to the UI, and pen performance improvements for some ViewBoard models. Bug fixes include an issue with USB files being hidden and .iwb file export issues on Chromebooks.
Whiteboard for Web
Whiteboard for web, also known as Whiteboard online, is a free, lightweight digital whiteboard that runs directly in a web browser from myviewboard.com.
New features include:
- new eraser mode ‘erase all drawn strokes’ – click the eraser icon twice to select,
- users can now record their Whiteboard session, and take screenshots, and
- we’ve also added more useful 3D shapes such as cube, tetrahedron and pyramid in the Shape tool.
myViewBoard Display (Android version) has improved support for some ViewBoard models.
myViewBoard Record bug fix – file visibility issue on Chromebooks now resolved.
myViewBoard Live bug fix – file visibility issue on Chromebooks now resolved.
myViewBoard website – we’ve been making so many updates to our software suite we’ve updated several website pages with more information. We’ve also added some handy tips after signing in.
Video tutorials – check out the myViewBoard YouTube channel for a series of quick tutorials on all things myViewBoard, such as the one below on Classroom.