Chat in class
In classroom session, students can access a chat to communicate with the entire class or their assigned huddle.
However, the teacher must enable student chat privileges to allow them to use either the public chat or private huddle chat. In case a student's chat option is disabled, the teacher still has the ability to send messages to both the public or individual huddle chats.
In order to enable students access to the chat, teachers must do the following:
- Press at the top-right of the screen.
- In the pop-up window, locate the Public Chat or Huddle you wish to enable for chatting.
- To view privileges for huddles, open the huddles list.
- By default, the Public Chat is enabled (indicated by ) for students to send messages.
- Press to disable the Public Chat.
- By default, the huddle chat permissions are disabled.
- Locate your desired huddle(s) and press the enable/disable button (in red) to enable a given huddle's chat.
- Teachers will be able to view individual huddle chats at any time.
- Whether a chat is enabled or disabled, a teacher can use the chat to communicate with the whole class or individual huddles.
In order to discuss or request assistance during an ongoing session, students must do the following:
- Press the chat icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Select either the Public Chat or your Huddle's chat.
- Send the message (chat must be enabled to be able to input text).