System requirements for Classroom
Review system requirements to get your Classroom session up and running.
Edit lesson content (no students)
Edit lesson content (<15 students)
Edit lesson content, (>15 students)
Whitelisting of domains is typically handled by IT administrators.
|*.myviewboard.com||This is required for the web applications ecosystem to function.|
|myviewboard.com||This contains a sub-service ecosystem required to allow wildcard subdomains.|
|*.myviewboard.cloud||This is required for the proper functioning of web service resources.|
|*.visualstudio.com||VisualStudio API is used to enhance user experience.|
|*.pndsn.com||This is a Chat Room API.|
Please ensure the following compulsory ports are whitelisted:
- Protocol: HTTPS/2 SSL
- Port 443 for WebSocket connection
It is also strongly recommended to whitelist the following ports:
- UDP port 40000-65535
- Port 3478 (UDP and TCP listening ports)
- Port 5349 (TLS and DTLS listening ports)
- Port 19302 (UDP): for STUN servers
If the Classroom browser tab is not used for 30 minutes, you (the teacher/session host) will be automatically signed out and the session will end. This will terminate the session for students too.
Please note that this auto time-out is different from the myViewBoard account auto sign-out time, which can be configured from the FollowMe settings on myviewboard.com (requires sign-in).Delete
This is a list of the current limitations that users may encounter when using Classroom. The myViewBoard team is aware of these limitations and is working to resolve them. If you notice that an issue is not listed here, please let us know via myViewBoard Support. This helps us to improve myViewBoard services.
- On mobile devices, the session will terminate immediately if sent to the background, for example by switching apps.
- The users currently in the session will be dropped.
- The current session automatically ends for the host.
- Importing files to Classroom sometimes has formatting issues. Here are known issues:
- Tables with cell-spacing
- Page colors and page borders
- Images/Fonts: effects, spacing, and position
- Audio, video, and PDF active elements
- PPT: effects and animation
- PDF: bookmarks, tags, and comments
- If text or other elements aren't displaying correctly, consider adjusting the browser zoom level and the system zoom level. On Windows devices, search for Scale and layout in settings, and adjust to 100% - this may help resolve display issues in Classroom.
- Classroom currently supports up to 60 students per session.
- Chrome: The underlined text sometimes does not display properly.
- iPad: When a teacher plays both a YouTube clip and a video call, students using iPads may only see the YouTube clip.
- iPad: If students are attempting to join a session through the desktop website in Safari, they will not be able to join the session.
- iPad and Android tablets: The screen-record feature is not supported on Android tablets and iPads.
- iPad: MP4 files may not work due to incompatibility with the browser.