iOS release history
This page contains the release history for the iOS version of myViewBoard Whiteboard.
v2.16 September 2023
3D Dice (Magic Box > Math tools):
- A dice tool has been added to Magic Box > Tools.
- Customize dice face with numbers, text, or images.
Mutli touch point detection support > moving objects:
- Users can now move two or more objects at the same time using two or more different touch points.
- For example, this update is specially designed to support multiple users interacting with objects at the same time, such as by moving shapes or images during an activity.
- Screenshot GIFs (select a GIF > Adorning Menu > Screenshot): The option to screenshot a GIF frame is now available after selecting a GIF object.
Fade objects in/out (select object > Adorning Menu > Fade in/out):
- Set objects to fade in/out with a press when in Presentation mode.
- This option is available in Prepare mode after selecting objects.
- Set fade in/out timing while in Prepare mode, and press objects while in Present mode to view the effects.
- Cloud integration support: Nextcloud cloud integration is now supported.
Eraser Stroke tool:
- For non-stroke objects, the Eraser Stroke tool can no longer erase these types of objects.
- Instead, to delete these objects, users can use Eraser Lasso or Clear All; or select an object with the Selection Tool and use the Delete option.
- Non-stroke objects include shapes, lines, tables, images, math tools, sticky notes.
Adorning Menu while in Present mode:
- When objects are selected in Presentation mode, the options available in the Adorning Menu are now limited to Delete, Spin, Copy, Cut, Flip, and Mirror.
- Exception: Flip and Mirror are not available for video and audio objects.
- Magic Box > Document Camera: A full screen option is now available.
- Embedded Browser icon: The Embedded Browser icon has been moved to the Magic Box menu.
- Backgrounds > Preinstalled Backgrounds > ViewSonic Originals backgrounds: Originals standard backgrounds are now available from the Preinstalled Backgrounds list.
- Backgrounds > Color Selection: Users can now apply a background color to either the current page or all pages.
- Magic Box > Document Camera: Camera window now supports multi-language.
- Undo/redo > Math tools: Users can now undo/redo actions for the Ruler, Set Square, Compass, and Protractor.
- Infinite Canvas: Object line thickness for stroke and shape objects now scales when zooming in and out of the canvas.
- New language support: Slovak.
v2.15 June 2023
Shapes & Lines menu: Tables.
- Tables have been added to the Shapes & Lines sub-menu.
- When creating a table, select the total rows and columns from a grid.
- Drag objects into the cells and cells will automatically resize to fit the objects.
Shapes & Lines menu: Connector lines.
- Connector lines have been added.
- These lines easily snap to shapes, useful for showing cause/effect, processes, or other creative applications.
- Find this option in the Shapes & Lines sub-menu.
- Page Management > page overview: Hint added to remind user how to reorder pages.
- Files > QR code file share: When sharing a lesson file by QR code, the file will save to your cloud drive with a timestamp as the filename.
- New language support: Kazakh.
v2.14 May 2023
- Embedded Browser > Pen: Added options for pen thickness and opacity when annotating in the Embedded Browser.
- Embedded Browser > Screenshots:
- The URL of the web page where a screenshot was taken will automatically embed into the pasted image on the canvas.
- After pressing the image, press the hyperlink icon to edit or remove the URL.
- Grouped objects > Hyperlink: Added option to embed a hyperlink into grouped objects in the Adorning Menu.
- Saving a session improvement: When saving a session with a larger file size, performance has been improved.
- Sticky Notes > Adorning Menu: The spin feature has been removed as an option for sticky notes.
v2.13 April 2023
- ViewSonic Originals content tiers: New tiered Originals content is accessible from within the Embedded Browser.
- Originals content is accessible by opening the Embedded Browser and then pressing the ViewSonic Originals button on the home page.
- Alternatively, by opening Originals content through the backgrounds menu, the Originals background categories page will open.
- Tiers are identifiable by the icon displayed over content thumbnails on the Originals website.
- Tiers break down by the following categories: Free (no sign-in required), Standard (sign-in required), Pro, Premium and Entity.
- Shapes & Lines > Arc lines: Arc lines are now supported (found in the Lines sub-menu).
- Background Management > Color backgrounds: Apply gradient effects to selected color backgrounds.
- Objects: Rotation of objects is now supported through three-finger touch.
- Objects > Spin objects:
- Select an object and spin it to a random angle.
- Great for custom objects such as spin wheels to be used in games.
- Magic Box > Camera: The document camera icon will always display even when no camera device is detected.
- Moving objects: Resizing icons and object adorning menus will not appear when dragging objects, allowing for uninterrupted movement of a single or multiple objects.
v2.12 March 2023
- File import > OLF files: When importing an OLF file, the user can now select which pages to import.
- Math tools > Compass: View real-time length measurement when manipulating the compass tool.
- Document camera: Users can now annotate on the feed.
- Improved writing acceleration: When starting a stroke, experience smoother writing.
- Resizing objects: A minimum size (10px x 10px) has now been set when resizing objects.
- Settings > Help: Link to the myViewBoard Knowledge Base has been added.
v2.11 February 2023
- Math tools:
- Set Square
- Compass (in beta)
- Pre-sign-in feature update (ONLY when attached to ViewSonic ViewBoards): Access AI Pen, PDF Export, Image Search, YouTube Search before signing in.
- Apple Pencil full support: iOS users can now make full use of Apple Pencil features.
v2.10 January 2023
Improvements and modifications
- myViewBoard Clips: The Clips button is now removed due to end of service support as of January 2023.
- Themes: Available themes are now simply Light and Dark. (Public Sector and Sports options removed.)
- Resizing application window (on M1 MacBooks): Objects will remain in expected positions when resizing the myViewBoard Whiteboard app window.
- Document Camera: Experience improved feature performance and stability.
- Export session: When exporting images, the destination folder where images will save will display.
- Grid background feature: Grid size will remain consistent no matter the size of the app window (will no longer resize based on the size of the window.)
- Adorning Menu: The position of the adorning menu window (appears when objects are selected) will obstruct objects less often.
v2.9 December 2022
- Scribble setting notification: A notification will remind users to disable the Scribble setting on iPad for a better writing experience.
- Screen Capture: A notification appears when a screenshot is taken.
- New language support: Slovenian, Bengali, Marathi, Panjabi, and Telugu.
Improvements and modifications
- OLF file compatibility: Objects grouped with unsupported objects in the iOS version will still appear when opening an OLF file.
- Eraser (Clear All and Clear All Strokes): When using clear all features, locked strokes will not be erased.
- Import files and Page Preview: Checkboxes have been enlarged.
- Pop Quiz: Student answers have been enlarged.
- Settings: support website link has been updated.
v2.8 November 2022
- New math tools: Ruler and protractor.
- Infinite Canvas: From the overview window (press Infinite Canvas in the main toolbar twice to access), users can now reset the canvas view to the default zoom (100%) and position (centered) by clicking the reset canvas button.
- Shapes (ellipse): The max number of segments is increased to 50 parts (accessible from the Adorning Menu).
Improvements and modifications
- Export session file (in File Manager): Default file type selection is PDF.
- Share session (in File Manager):
- Drag the QR code onto the canvas to make it available on a canvas page.
- Press-hold to copy the session's URL.
- Note: This same functionality is found in the Display host session info pop-up (top-left of the Whiteboard window where your host name displays).
- Backgrounds: When applying a background to the canvas, the background will load in a 3×3 pattern. Only one background will be visible by default — view the other backgrounds by scrolling around or zooming out of the canvas.
- Originals: Originals lessons can now be opened into Whiteboard from the Embedded Browser.
v2.7 October 2022
- No major updates this month.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.6 September 2022
- OLF support: OLF is now supported on all myViewBoard platforms: Whiteboard for iOS, Whiteboard for Android, Whiteboard for Windows, Whiteboard Online, and Classroom.
- Send objects, such as images, to the Whiteboard app via the in-built iOS/macOS share function.
Improvements and modifications
- Whiteboard enrollment as entity instance:
- Instance activation process is now removed.
- IT Admin can use the Companion app to scan a QR code to complete a Whiteboard enrollment form, adding this instance to Software Instances (which you can view after signing into myviewboard.com > Entity Management).
- Additionally, any entity user can use their entity account credentials to enroll the instance.
- PDF, OLF, IWB, Google Slides, Google Docs, and Google Jamboard can now be imported as background images.
- New tooltips are available for most features within submenus.
- A notification appears to inform the user that their default cloud storage is disabled if the user attempts to share the canvas session with a QR code.
- After locking objects, the object can now be selected.
- AI Pen UI has been revamped.
- 30 new fonts have been added.
- An error message displays when an embedded URL on an object is invalid.
- Images uploaded to FollowMe and accessed within the Whiteboard Magic Line Pen will show as squares even if the original image is not a square.
- A new prompt appears after changing background to confirm the user wants to apply this background to the current page, all pages, or none.
- Improvements to behavior of the following features: Share files, text editors, sticky notes, adorning menus, and images.