Wireless Presentation setup
Wireless Presentation allows a myViewBoard Whiteboard host to share their screen and audio, as well as receive others' screens and audio feeds.
PREREQUISITES FOR WIRELESS PRESENTATION
Make sure the following requirements have been met on the devices to send or receive a screen:
- Users must be signed in to Whiteboard to enable Wireless Presentation.
- Users must be signed in to myviewboard.com to receive a screen.
System requirements for Android devices
Wireless Presentation is natively supported in the Windows version, while Android devices must meet system specifications to use Wireless Presentation.
Android device requirements
In the Android version of myViewBoard Whiteboard, Wireless Presentation is available if your device meets the following requirements:
- myViewBoard Whiteboard for Android version: 1.11.6
- To view your version, in the title bar press > > Version.
- Device OS minimum requirement: Android 7
- To check your Android version, launch Settings and go to System > About device.
- WebView version minimum requirement: 61.0.3163.98.
- To check your system's WebView version, launch Settings and go to Apps > All Apps (menu name varies depending on OS version) and look for Android System WebView.
Wireless Presentation status indicators
The status of Wireless Presentation is visible at the top-right of the title bar. Press to open the Wireless Presentation window:
Enable Wireless Presentation
To enable Wireless Presentation, after signing in press to enable screen sharing. The icon should turn green to indicate it is enabled. Press again to disable Wireless Presentation.
Enable Wireless Presentation at launch
To always enable Wireless Presentation, perform the following:
- Sign in to myviewboard.com.
- Access your FollowMe settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Toggle the Always enable Wireless Presentation option to ON.
- Press Confirm.
WIRELESS PRESENTATION IN WHITEBOARD
The setting will be applied the next time you sign in to the Whiteboard.
Sharing and receiving a screen
Participants can share their screens to a host or receive a screen from a host after the host has enabled Wireless Presentation.
Sharing a screen
From student's deviceDelete
To a host's device
- Open the Wireless Presentation popup by pressing or .
- Alternatively, press on the far-right of the title bar to view requests to share from students. Press any of these notifications to open the Wireless Presentation pop-up.
- Enter the Present in tab and select the device screen to receive.
- The feed from the selected device's screen should now display in an embedded window.
While sharing a screen from a student's device, the student can only share audio from their selected app windows to the host device.
Audio from connected microphones will not play on the host device.
SAFARI BROWSER USER LIMITATION
A student will not be able to share screen with a host's session while using Safari web browser.
Receiving a screen
From the host's device
- Open the Wireless Presentation pop-up by pressing or .
- Alternatively, press on the far-left of the title bar to view requests to receive from students. Press any of these notifications to open the Wireless Presentation pop-up.
- Enter the Present out tab and select the screen you want to share.
- Your selected screen should now begin casting to receiving devices.
While sharing a host screen to a student's device, microphone audio will play on receiving devices.
Note audio from videos within the canvas will not play on receiving devices.
To a student's device
- Students should go to myviewboard.com and must sign in.
- Select Receive a screen on your device in the header bar.
- Provide the host's myViewBoard Name.
- Input a Session Password if prompted. (Learn more.)
- Press Submit.
Stop Wireless Presentation
- Press in the main toolbar.
- On the Present in or Present out tab, select the screen you want to stop.
- The presenter's screen will immediately terminate on the receiving device.
COMPANION APP WIRELESS PRESENTATION MANAGEMENT
myViewBoard Companion app allows the host to manage Wireless Presentation through the app. Learn more about Wireless Presentation management with the Companion app.