Android release history
This page contains the release history for the Android version of myViewBoard Whiteboard.
v2.16 September 2023
3D Dice (Magic Box > Math tools):
- A dice tool has been added to Magic Box > Tools.
- Customize dice face with numbers, text, or images.
Mutli touch point detection support > moving objects:
- Users can now move two or more objects at the same time using two or more different touch points.
- For example, this update is specially designed to support multiple users interacting with objects at the same time, such as by moving shapes or images during an activity.
- Screenshot GIFs (select a GIF > Adorning Menu > Screenshot): The option to screenshot a GIF frame is now available after selecting a GIF object.
Fade objects in/out (select object > Adorning Menu > Fade in/out):
- Set objects to fade in/out with a press when in Presentation mode.
- This option is available in Prepare mode after selecting objects.
- Set fade in/out timing while in Prepare mode, and press objects while in Present mode to view the effects.
- Cloud integration support: Nextcloud cloud integration is now supported.
Eraser Stroke tool:
- For non-stroke objects, the Eraser Stroke tool can no longer erase these types of objects.
- Instead, to delete these objects, users can use Eraser Lasso or Clear All; or select an object with the Selection Tool and use the Delete option.
- Non-stroke objects include shapes, lines, tables, images, math tools, sticky notes.
Adorning Menu while in Present mode:
- When objects are selected in Presentation mode, the options available in the Adorning Menu are now limited to Delete, Spin, Copy, Cut, Flip, and Mirror.
- Exception: Flip and Mirror are not available for video and audio objects.
- Magic Box > Document Camera: A full screen option is now available.
- Embedded Browser icon: The Embedded Browser icon has been moved to the Magic Box menu.
- Backgrounds > Preinstalled Backgrounds > ViewSonic Originals backgrounds: Originals standard backgrounds are now available from the Preinstalled Backgrounds list.
- Backgrounds > Color Selection: Users can now apply a background color to either the current page or all pages.
- Magic Box > Document Camera: Camera window now supports multi-language.
- Undo/redo > Math tools: Users can now undo/redo actions for the Ruler, Set Square, Compass, and Protractor.
- Infinite Canvas: Object line thickness for stroke and shape objects now scales when zooming in and out of the canvas.
- New language support: Slovak.
- For IFPs with the Split Screen app: Whiteboard can now be used in split screen mode. (Ensure your IFP device is up to date for Whiteboard to become available in the Split Screen app.)
v2.15 June 2023
Auto-enrollment via IFP pairing with Manager (ViewBoard IFP-only, entity-only):
- Simply launch Whiteboard, and that instance will automatically enroll to that entity’s Software Instances.
- Note, the device with Whiteboard must also be added to an entity’s Manager.
Shapes & Lines menu: Tables.
- Tables have been added to the Shapes & Lines sub-menu.
- When creating a table, select the total rows and columns from a grid.
- Drag objects into the cells and cells will automatically resize to fit the objects.
Shapes & Lines menu: Connector lines.
- Connector lines have been added.
- These lines easily snap to shapes, useful for showing cause/effect, processes, or other creative applications.
- Find this option in the Shapes & Lines sub-menu.
- Eraser (IFP-only): Experience improved palm eraser speed.
- Page Management > page overview: Hint added to remind user how to reorder pages.
- Files > QR code file share: When sharing a lesson file by QR code, the file will save to your cloud drive with a timestamp as the filename.
- New language support: Kazakh.
v2.14 May 2023
- Embedded Browser > Pen: Added options for pen thickness and opacity when annotating in the Embedded Browser.
- Embedded Browser > Screenshots:
- The URL of the web page where a screenshot was taken will automatically embed into the pasted image on the canvas.
- After pressing the image, press the hyperlink icon to edit or remove the URL.
- Grouped objects > Hyperlink: Added option to embed a hyperlink into grouped objects in the Adorning Menu.
- Saving a session improvement: When saving a session with a larger file size, performance has been improved.
- Sticky Notes > Adorning Menu: The spin feature has been removed as an option for sticky notes.
v2.13 April 2023
- ViewSonic Originals content tiers: New tiered Originals content is accessible from within the Embedded Browser.
- Originals content is accessible by opening the Embedded Browser and then pressing the ViewSonic Originals button on the home page.
- Alternatively, by opening Originals content through the backgrounds menu, the Originals background categories page will open.
- Tiers are identifiable by the icon displayed over content thumbnails on the Originals website.
- Tiers break down by the following categories: Free (no sign-in required), Standard (sign-in required), Pro, Premium and Entity.
- Shapes & Lines > Arc lines: Arc lines are now supported (found in the Lines sub-menu).
- Background Management > Color backgrounds: Apply gradient effects to selected color backgrounds.
- Objects: Rotation of objects is now supported through three-finger touch.
- Objects > Spin objects:
- Select an object and spin it to a random angle.
- Great for custom objects such as spin wheels to be used in games.
- Magic Box > Camera: The document camera icon will always display even when no camera device is detected.
- Chromebox users > camera feed (bug fix): Camera feed will no longer appear default flipped (and the option to flip has now been added).
- Moving objects: Resizing icons and object adorning menus will not appear when dragging objects, allowing for uninterrupted movement of a single or multiple objects. (IFP version only)
- Improved writing experience. (IFP version only)
v2.12 March 2023
- File import > OLF files: When importing an OLF file, the user can now select which pages to import.
- Math tools > Compass: View real-time length measurement when manipulating the compass tool.
- Document camera: Users can now annotate on the feed.
- Improved writing acceleration: When starting a stroke, experience smoother writing.
- Resizing objects: A minimum size (10px x 10px) has now been set when resizing objects.
- Settings > Help: Link to the myViewBoard Knowledge Base has been added.
v2.11 February 2023
- Compass (in beta): Find the compass tool in Magic Box > Tools.
- UI for all other math tools in Magic Box > Tools have been modified.
v1.45 January 2023
Improvements and modifications
- myViewBoard Clips: The Clips button is now removed due to end of service support as of January 2023.
- Themes: Available themes are now simply Light and Dark. (Public Sector and Sports options removed.)
- Pre-sign-in feature update (ONLY for ViewBoards with myViewBoard Whiteboard pre-installed): AI Pen, PDF Export, Image Search, YouTube Search are now accessible before signing in.
v1.44 December 2022
- No major updates this month.
- Various bug fixes.
v1.43 October 2022
- No major updates this month
- Various bug fixes.
v1.42 September 2022
- Whiteboard enrollment as entity instance:
- Instance activation process is now removed.
- IT Admin can use the Companion app to scan a QR code to complete a Whiteboard enrollment form, adding this instance to Software Instances (which you can view after signing into myviewboard.com > Entity Management).
- On ChromeOS devices, Whiteboard will launch as a maximized window in landscape.
- Downloading and installing Whiteboard on any Android phone will no longer be allowed.
- Backgrounds: The watermark option is no longer available.