Participate Mode is an exclusive feature in the Windows version of myViewBoard Whiteboard. This feature divides the Whiteboard into multiple smaller whiteboards with independent pens and eraser tools, allowing several users to draw in their own whiteboards side-by-side.
Access Participate Mode
Participate Mode divides the whiteboard surface into up to six smaller whiteboards. Follow these steps to access this mode:
- Sign in to myViewBoard Whiteboard, if you haven't already.
- On the bottom-left of the screen, press .
- The canvas view will change.
- When finished, press to exit.
To use Participate Mode, make sure your device is Windows OS build version 1903 or higher. Also, make sure the myViewBoard Whiteboard version you're using is 18.104.22.168 or above.
To verify which versions you are using, complete the following:
- Windows OS version: Start Menu > Settings > System > About
- myViewBoard Whiteboard version: > About info
You might be unable to use your finger and pen (especially thin pens) simultaneously according to limitations on certain IFP devices that are not ViewSonic devices.
How to use
- By default, three mini whiteboards open. Change the number by selecting the icons at the bottom-left:
- Press to swap the top and bottom rows (available when using 4 whiteboards or more).
- Press to clear all whiteboards at once.
- Press to allow users to draw on opposite sides (designed for use when the IFP is laid horizontally on a table).
- The pen color for each whiteboard can be configured independently. Each whiteboard also has its own eraser and delete all tool:
Incorporate Participate Mode in your lessons. In the below example, the lesson topic is kindness. Participate Mode can thus be used to foster group collaboration to answer the question "What can you do to make them from grayscale to color?"
Take a look at how both groups jot down their ideas to share with the class.