Windows release history
This page contains the release history for the Windows version of myViewBoard Whiteboard.
v2.69 September 2023
Object Alignment (select object > Adorning Menu):
- Align multiple objects vertically or horizontally to easily organize objects on the canvas.
- At least two objects must be selected to make this tool available in the Adorning Menu.
- Object exception: Single table containing objects. (Objects must be moved out of the table to align the table.)
Divide into segments (Shapes > Rectangles):
- Divide a rectangle into rectangle segments with equal length.
- The minimum length of the rectangle segments is 100 pixels and minimum segments are 2 (200 pixels in length).
- This feature is only available for the rectangle shape (not the square shape).
Eraser Stroke tool:
- For non-stroke objects, the Eraser Stroke tool can no longer erase these types of objects.
- Instead, to delete these objects, users can use Eraser Lasso or Clear All; or select an object with the Selection Tool and use the Delete option.
- Non-stroke objects include shapes, lines, tables, images, math tools, sticky notes.
- Pin the Page Management menu: The pin allows you to keep the Page Management menu while annotating the canvas.
- Embed canvas page link (Select object > Adorning Menu > Link embedding > embed page link): When selecting from your list of pages, not only page numbers are shown but their page title as well.
- Backgrounds > Preinstalled Backgrounds > ViewSonic Originals backgrounds: Originals standard backgrounds are now available from the Preinstalled Backgrounds list.
Export lesson > YouTube and web page widgets:
- YouTube and web page widgets will generate a QR code of their URLs within the widget frame in the exported file.
- This is to provide access to media in cases where lesson content is printed.
v2.68 June 2023
Online and web page widgets (for example, YouTube widgets):
- When users move around or zoom in/out of a canvas page, widgets will respond to canvas position and zoom level just as any other object.
- In other words, a widget's position or size changes as users move or zoom in/out of a canvas page.
- App integration removal: Zoom and Skype for Business integration will no longer be supported.
- GIF file performance: Experience improved performance when loading GIF files.
Object multi-select: To select multiple objects, users can press
Ctrl + Left-click. However, be aware of the following exceptions:
- Sticky notes can only be selected one at a time.
- Locked or movable locked objects or strokes cannot be multi-selected.
- Any object or stroke inside a table cannot be multi-selected.
- New language support: Greek and Kazakh.
v2.67 May 2023
- Sticky Notes (in the Adorning Menu): The spin feature has been removed from the adorning menu for sticky notes.
- Background Management:
- User is able to apply a selected background as an editable image.
- When enabling this option, the image will apply as a locked object.
- When enabling this option, backgrounds will not apply in a 3x3 grid.
- Dropbox: When a large number (e.g., hundreds) of files exist in a Dropbox folder, multi-page view is now supported in the file explorer.
- Undo/redo now supports the following actions:
- Ruler: move, rotate, and resize.
- Set square: move, rotate, and resize.
- Clock: move and resize.
- Compass: move, rotate, flip, change angle, and change size.
- Flash card: move and resize.
- Protractor: move, rotate, and resize.
- Navigational compass: move, rotate, and resize.
- Timer/Stopwatch: move and resize.
- Online widget: move and resize.
- Web page widget: move, resize, maximize window, and restore window.
- 3D dice: move and resize.
- XY graph: move and resize.
v2.66 April 2023
- ViewSonic Originals content tiers: New tiered Originals content is accessible from within the Embedded Browser.
- Originals content is accessible by opening the Embedded Browser and then pressing the ViewSonic Originals button on the home page.
- Alternatively, by opening Originals content through the backgrounds menu, the Originals background categories page will open.
- Tiers are identifiable by the icon displayed over content thumbnails on the Originals website.
- Tiers break down by the following categories: Free (no sign-in required), Standard (sign-in required), Pro, Premium and Entity.
- Text Editor: Maximum characters allowed per text object are 4096.
- Hyperlink text field (found in the Adorning Menu after selecting an object): Maximum characters allowed in a hyperlink field are 1024.
- Flashcards: Maximum characters allowed per question and answer fields are 4096.
- 3D dice > Presentation Mode: When in Presentation Mode, the settings and close buttons will be hidden.
- Pen tools > sub-menu: When setting opacity to 0 in the Pen tools menu, the stroke will be totally transparent.
- Laser Pen with math tools (Ruler and Set Square):
- When using the laser pen to draw strokes along the ruler or set square, strokes will no longer disappear.
- Users will also be able to undo and redo the drawn laser pen stroke.
- Backgrounds Management > Background color/image: When applying a background color or a background image, only the most recent background application will affect the page background.
- 3D dice > images from File Manager > Cloud Drive: Users can insert images into faces of a die using images from a connected cloud drive.
- Flashcards > images from File Manager: Users can insert images into a flash card answer or question using images from a local drive, connected cloud drive, or canvas page.
v2.65 March 2023
- New language support: Basque.
- Page Management: The Page Management menu will now appear closer to the floating toolbar.
- Lines (Shapes and Lines menu):
- The minimum length of a straight line is now 10 pixels.
- Lines shorter than 10 pixels will not successfully create.
- Windows Toggle > Windows mode > Screen Capture: When user takes a full screenshot, the screenshot will paste onto the canvas's current page. (Previous behavior was to paste on a new page.)
- Main toolbar: User is now able to dock the main toolbar at the top of the Whiteboard window under the title bar.
- Share session popup: When displaying session info (session URL, QR code), a hint is now available with instructions on how to update the user's myViewBoard Name.
- Pop Quiz answer limit: Teachers can now set whether students can submit an answer only once or more than once during a pop quiz.
v2.64 February 2023
- 2D shapes (polygons only) > Adorning Menu: Now all polygons and the circle offer a Divide into segments option. (Previous behavior for non-circle polygons was to only Show segments.)
- Eraser > Clear All: The Clear All button on the eraser menu will now remain available while in Present mode.
- FollowMe > Background Settings > Default: When a default background is set in FollowMe settings at myViewBoard.com, this background will automatically apply to a page when no file has been opened or no separate background image has been applied to the current page.
- Embedded Browser: Browser kernel has been updated to the latest version, which will increase support with more websites.
- Backgrounds > Color Selection: Users can now apply a background color to either the current page or all pages.
- Polls & Pop Quiz: UI size (buttons, icons and text) has increased, improving readability for students.
v2.63 January 2023
- Feature availability before sign-in: When myViewBoard Whiteboard is installed on a device attached to a ViewBoard, the following features can be accessed without signing in: YouTube search, Image search, Export to PDF, Export to PPTX, AI Pen and Immersive Reader.
- Themes: Available themes are now simply Light and Dark. (Public Sector and Sports options removed, including some Shape Pen images under Public Sector theme.)
- Touch gesture rules update:
- One or two-finger touch and drag moves objects.
- Two-finger pinch or expand resizes objects.
- Three-finger rotation movement rotates objects.
- myViewBoard Clips: The Clips button is now removed due to end of service support as of January 2023.
- The following objects will not import when opening IWB file type: AI Pen objects, widgets, Shape Pen images and Magic Line Pen strokes.
- Document camera: When opening a camera feed, the size of the feed window fits within a quarter of the current screen.
- Paste from Clipboard:
- When pasting the same object multiple times on a page, the object will paste on top of previously pasted objects.
- In order to access previously pasted objects, tap-select the top-layer object and move it. (Do not use lasso to select.)
- Math tools > X-Y graph: Actions taken within the graph tool cannot undone/redone.
- File Manager: Search files and directories with keywords under the current directory in a local drive.
- Polls: Reorder questions by dragging and dropping them in the right-side menu under Questions.
- Signing in under different Windows accounts: Sign-in sessions will be stored separately under different Windows accounts. Therefore, these sign-in sessions will not interfere with each other.
- Finger to Move Canvas setting: On launching myViewBoard Whiteboard, a toast reminds the user that Finger to Move Canvas mode is turned ON, if this setting is enabled.
- Fade tool (in Adorning Menu after selecting an object): Fade-in and fade-out animations is now supported for lines and 3D shapes.
v2.62 December 2022
- Stay signed in:
- Users are now prompted whether they want to stay signed in even after closing the app.
- This feature is enabled by default.
- However, Entity Admin can disable this feature for users of a given entity software instance. (Only Entity users affected.)
- Restart app function in Windows task bar:
- Right-click or long-press the Whiteboard icon in the Windows task bar to view a Restart app button.
- Press it to restart myViewBoard Whiteboard.
- The current session will save and load when the app relaunches.
- New language support: Slovenian, Romanian, Bengali, Marathi, Panjabi, and Telugu.
- Palm eraser: The shape of the palm eraser is now a circle (previously a vertical rectangle) to improve its usability.
- Eraser: When using the "Clear all strokes" feature, locked strokes will not be erased.
- 3D Dice:
- Dice pop-up window outer spacing has been greatly reduced.
- The window's borders have been removed.
- Wireless Presentation: GoToMeeting integration has been removed.
- Embedded Browser: Users are able to scroll in the browser by dragging the scroll bar even when annotation tools are being used.
- Google Drive file navigation: View your saved shortcuts for files and folders in Magic Box > File > Google Drive.
- Page Management:
- In the Page Management pop-up, reorder a page's position by dragging it up or down across multiple pages (previously could not scroll up or down).
- In Page Overview, select multiple pages and reorder their position.
v2.61 November 2022
- OLF file improvement: When opening files from other versions of Whiteboard, experience improved aspect ratio responsiveness.
- Infinite Canvas: From the overview window (press Infinite Canvas in the main toolbar twice to access), users can now reset the canvas view to the default zoom (100%) and position (centered) by clicking the reset canvas button.
- Shapes (ellipse): The max number of segments is increased to 50 parts (accessible from the Adorning Menu).
v2.60 October 2022
- No major updates this month.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.59 September 2022
- Activation process removal: The activation process has been removed. Users can simply sign in with their account and access the features available to their tier.
- Timer tool (within Magic Box): The timer tool has been revamped with improved functionality.
- Backgrounds: The watermark option is no longer available.