Divide shapes into segments (Windows-only)
Divide select shapes into segments based on the number of sides on an object through the Adorning Menu.
This feature is only available in the Windows version of myViewBoard Whiteboard.
How to use
With this feature, divide shapes into equal segments, with each segment becoming an individual object that can be moved and edited.
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR RECTANGLES, CIRCLES, AND REGULAR POLYGONS
Divide into segments is only available for regular polygons (shapes with equal-length sides) and circles and rectangles.
- Create one or more regular polygons or circles through the Shapes sub-menu.
- Select one or multiple of these shapes using the selection tool .
- In the Adorning Menu, press divide into segments .
- Circles and rectangles only: Select the number of segments you wish to divide the shape into.
- The affected shapes should now be divided into equal segments.
- Ensure you have the selected the selection tool .
- Press an individual segment to select it.
- Edit the segment through the adorning menu or move it around the canvas.
NOTE ON DIVIDING RECTANGLES
Each rectangle segment must be a minimum of 100 pixels in length. Therefore, if you create a rectangle under 200 pixels, the option to divide the rectangle won't appear.