The Selection Tool allows myViewBoard Whiteboard users to select objects on the canvas. After selecting an object, an adorning menu will appear, allowing for further options to edit objects.
Selecting objects and available actions
To select objects, follow these steps:
- On the main toolbar, press the Select Tool .
- Select an object or multiple objects in any of the following ways:
- To select one object, press the object once.
- To select one object, press-drag a selection line across the object.
- To select multiple objects, press-drag a selection line across all objects to be selected.
After objects are selected, users will be able to move, resize, and reposition objects.
- Press-hold and drag objects to move them around the canvas.
- Use object handle points to resize or reposition objects:
- Triangle handle points: Press-hold and drag these points to resize objects while maintaining their original aspect ratio.
- Circle handle points: Press-hold and drag these points to stretch or narrow objects along a horizontal or vertical axis. (Single objects only.)
- Rotation point: Press-hold and drag in a circular motion to rotate objects to a desired angle.
- On a touch screen device, while at least one object is selected, use a two-finger pinch motion to resize objects.
MOVE, RESIZE, AND ROTATE WITHOUT OBJECTS SELECTED
When using Whiteboard on a touch surface screen, objects can be moved, resized, and rotated without having been selected with the Selection Tool. Here's how:
- Move: Press-hold with one finger and drag an object.
- Move multiple objects at once: Press multiple objects at once and drag. This is ideal when multiple users are at the screen participating in an activity.
- Resize: Two-finger pinch motion to resize objects.
- Rotate: Three fingers to rotate objects. We recommend holding two fingers down and rotating an object with the third finger.
SHORTCUT FOR MULTIPLE OBJECT SELECTION (WINDOWS-ONLY)
In the Windows version of Whiteboard, quickly select multiple objects on the canvas using the keyboard shortcut
Ctrl + Left-click. Simply hold the
Ctrl key and then
Left-click the objects you want to select. This allows you to more precisely select a group of objects.