Upload media and create playlists
With Manager Advanced licensed devices, users can broadcast media such as images, videos, media playlists, and web pages.
For information on broadcast media to devices, view the Advanced Broadcasting page.
Media can be uploaded to Manager through the Files page, and it can also be added in the Media page.
- On the side panel, select Resources and then Media.
- Add to upload a new media file from your device.
- Drag and drop your desired file or press Browse media files.
|File size limit
Folder organization in Media repository
Additionally, files can be organized into folders in the Media repository.
- On the Media page, select Create new folder .
- Name the folder and select Create.
- Double press the folder you just created to open it.
Other folder options:
- View folder options by pressing .
- On any previously uploaded file, press and have the option to Move a file into another folder.
Creating a playlist
- On the side panel, press Resources and then Playlists.
- Press New Playlist.
- Input the playlist's name.
- Press .
- On the Media repository files tab, select all media that will compose your playlist.
- Press OK.
MAX SLIDES IN A PLAYLIST
Please note, the maximum number of slides permitted in a playlist is 20.
Editing a playlist
- Within the Playlists drop-down menu, press your desired playlist.
- Press to add more slides.
- Press and drag a slide up or down to reorder its position in the playlist.
- Press to remove the slide from the playlist.
- Press to edit the duration all slides will display.
- Press to edit the duration a slide will display.
- Have the option to display videos only once or for a custom period of time.
- Press next to the playlist title to rename the title or delete the entire playlist.
Add media to a playlist from the Media page.
- On the left-side panel, press Resources.
- Press Media.
- On your desired piece of media, press the kebab button .
- Add the media into a playlist through either of the two methods:
- Select the playlist to which you want to add this media.
- Or press Create a playlist to place the media into a new playlist.
- Press OK.
Create a playlist from a PowerPoint file
PPTX file type is supported when uploading to Files within Manager. To create a playlist using a PPTX file, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have uploaded your desired PPTX file to Files.
- Within Playlists, either create a playlist or edit an existing playlist.
- Press to add media.
- Go to the PowerPoint Files tab.
- Select your desired PPTX file.
- Press OK.
This process converts the slides in the PowerPoint file into slides in a new playlist, and it places these slides within the playlist you have chosen.
LIMITATION ON NUMBER OF SLIDES
Please be aware, playlists have a 20-slide limit. If the PPTX file you are attempting to convert into images into a playlist exceeds 20 slides, an error response will return. Make sure the PPTX file you are converting is 20 slides or under.
As with any playlist, you can then broadcast this playlist from any device list.
Initiating a PPTX broadcast from a device list
The process of uploading a PPTX file and converting the file into a playlist can be initiated from a device playlist. Learn more about the Presentation File feature, an Advanced feature found in a device list.