As an entity admin, manage the actions other admin users can take within myViewBoard Manager. Go to the Permissions page and limit not only the commands a user can send but also which device groups a user can send commands to.
Admin users who are just starting to set up their organization are encouraged to evaluate all admin users within the organization before granting them access to Manager. This way, you can limit admin users in an organization to the devices you want them assigned to, as well as privileged actions, such as Remote Desktop or Profiles assignments, which may be misused if not properly understood.
Overview of configurable permissions
List of configurable user permissions
|Device groups access
|Set which groups a user has access to.
|Set which folders a user has access to.
|Device enrollment and disenrollment
|Device group management
|Usage report management
|Basic remote control commands
|Advanced remote control commands
|ViewBoard Box control
|Back Up and Restore
How to edit user permissions
- Go to the Permissions page.
- Press the edit button on the row of a desired user.
- The Edit permissions menu will open.
- Select the checkbox of the permissions you want to grant or deny for that given user.
- (Optional) View which specific commands are being granted/denied within a category by pressing .
- Press OK to update this user's permissions.
- After permissions have been updated, press the row of the user (or any other user) to review their current permissions.
Device groups and folders permissions
Permissions can be set for specific device groups and folders so that users will not be able to see or access these groups/folders. The steps for setting permissions for device groups and folders are much the same as setting other permissions.